The Verona Area School District is committed to not only seeking input and ideas from parents and community members but also invite you to volunteer for the many great things that are happening in our schools every day! Your involvement is needed for us to continue providing a high-quality school experience.
Some volunteer positions require a background check for the safety of our students and staff (any volunteer position where a volunteer may be alone and unsupervised with a student). Your school office will assist you in this online process if needed (this is per school district board policy 533.1).
Complete a VASD Volunteer Background Check
Listed below are regularly scheduled events and several other ways that parents and community members to get involved with the schools. We welcome you to attend these events and participate in the schools where you can.
How can you volunteer at your school?
Below are a few suggestions on ways to become involved:
- PTOs: They plan many events such as: Book Fairs, Open Houses, Movie Nights, Science Fairs, Staff Breakfasts, and fund educational activities and clubs, all of which help to make your school a GREAT place!
- Classroom Assistants: Field trip support or "room parents" helping with a variety of support on any given day
- Library Assistants (sorting books or shelving, laminating projects)
- Serving on a school-specific committee such as:
- School's continuous improvement team
- Personalized learning team
- Task-specific volunteers to help with things such as:
- Book or science fairs
- Art shows
- School decorating
- Math coaching
- Reading books out loud to classes
- Leading study groups with students
- Lunchroom assistant (teaching little one's routines in the lunchroom)
- Fundraisers (such as concession stands)
- Assisting students at Natatorium (locker room dressing, etc.)
- Serving as a guest speaker on career days or other events
- Administrative/clerical support in the office (stuffing mailings, answering phones, etc.)
Contact your school for the options they offer!
How can you volunteer at the district level?
- Serving on the District's School Board of Education