How do I know which school my student will attend?
First, verify that your residence is within VASD boundaries with Dane County’s resource Access Dane. If you are a Madison resident attending a Pre-K site that accepts MMSD and VASD students you need to provide residency to VASD.
Step 1 - Registration
Starting Tuesday, March 8, 2022 please visit **Student Registration Website** to set up a PowerSchool account and provide the following information:
Proof of Residency (one of the following will be required)*
- Current Lease Agreement: Must include name, address, terms/date of the lease, and all party's signatures. (P.O. Box is NOT acceptable proof of residency).
- Current Utility Bill: Examples include electric/gas or city/village water bill with name and current address. Must be within the last 45 days. We DO NOT accept telephone, cellphone, insurance, or cable bills.
- Home Purchase*: Offer-to-purchase with the closing date, all signatures, followed by proof of occupancy in the form of a utility bill.
- Building Contract and Permit*: Must include address, estimated date of completion, all signatures. (Additional steps are required per board policy, please contact the Registration office to discuss. )
*If a home purchase agreement, building contract or permit is provided at the time of registration, a utility bill must be provided within 30 days as proof of occupancy.
If you are unable to provide any of the above-mentioned documents, please contact our registration office at (608) 845-4360 to further discuss your situation.
Proof of Age/Name (one of the following)
Verification of your child's name and age is required. This can be done by submitting a copy of one of the following documents:
- Student's Immunization Record
- Student's Passport
- Student's Driver's License or State ID
If your student is transferring from another Wisconsin public school, our registration office can verify this information via the WISE database.
Alternatively, you may contact our registration office to schedule a time for them to view a Birth Certificate**.
**Wisconsin law strictly prohibits copying Birth Certificate (BC) as it is considered a vital record. If you only have a Birth Certificate as proof of name/age or you do not have any proof of name/age documents available, please contact our office at 608-845-4360 to arrange an alternative way to retrieve proof of name and age.
- primary/secondary parent or guardian contact information (phone numbers, emails, addresses)
- other emergency contact information (phone numbers, emails)
- student doctor/clinic contact information (phone, address)
- student prescription medication details (if applicable) - must provide medication name, dosage details, and prescribing doctor
Please contact the Registration Office at (608) 845-4360 if you have any questions. The Registration Office hours are 8:30-4:30pm Monday - Thursday and by appointment on Friday. The office will be closed the week of Monday, March 21, 2022 through Friday, March 25, 2022.
Step 2 - Pre-K Enrollment
An enrollment form will be accessible for families within a week after completing Step 1. Families of legacy students are required to complete Step 2 by Friday, April 29, 2022 to secure their legacy space at their current Pre-K site. The information you will be completing will include Pre-K site preferences, transportation, and if your child needs extended care during the day at an additional cost.
Step 3 - Welcome to Pre-K
Pre-K staff will work on placing your child at a Pre-K site. In June, your family will be notified about which site and session your child will be attending, and you will begin to receive communication from the site regarding next steps to prepare for the school year. In August, you will be notified regarding your child’s bus information.
If you have questions regarding the Pre-K program that you do not see in the Frequently Asked Questions, please contact Jennifer Skibba at (608) 712-9697.
Non-English speaking families: Please contact our office to schedule an appointment to ensure a translator is available if needed.
*Office is closed during district-wide recognized holidays.
Please feel free to contact Jennifer Skibba with questions about registration.
Por favor no duden en ponerse en contacto con Jennifer Skibba, Coordinadora de Aprendizaje Temprano, con cualquier pregunta o inquietud acerca de las inscripciones.
In accordance with the Verona Area School District's Board Policy, any student being admitted to the Verona Area School District (VASD) must reside within the established boundaries of the district, except as otherwise permitted by law. The administration shall verify the residence of students enrolled in district schools.
VASD shall not discriminate in admissions to any school, class, program or activity or facilities usage on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation or physical, mental, emotional or learning disability or homelessness status. This policy does not, however, prohibit VASD from placing a student in a school, class, program or activity based on objective standards of individual performance or need. Discrimination complaints shall be processed in accordance with established procedures.