The Verona Area School District is committed to not only seeking input and ideas from parents and community members but also invite you to volunteer for the many great things that are happening in our schools every day! Your involvement is needed for us to continue providing a high-quality school experience.
Some volunteer positions require a background check for the safety of our students and staff (any volunteer position where a volunteer may be alone and unsupervised with a student). Your school office will assist you in this online process if needed (this is per school district 533.1).
Volunteer Core Values and Expectations
Volunteers will follow these expectations when supporting the Verona Area School district.
- Sign in and out of the office and wear a visitor lanyard and/or sticker at all times.
- Respect the privacy of all children by keeping observations, experiences, and information confidential.
- Respond impartially to students regardless of background, ability, physical, or emotional needs.
- Refrain from discussing a student’s progress or behavior with others.
- Refrain from touching, recording, taking pictures of or reprimanding children.
- Model positive behaviors by using respectful, encouraging, and appropriate language when speaking with adults and students; remain calm and respectful at all times.
- Refrain from discriminatory actions, words, or gestures against students and staff.
- Ask for assistance from a staff member when there are any questions or needs.