School Bus Driver
Kids can't GO to school if they can't GET to school.
Position requirements are:
- Valid Wisconsin Driver's License with an acceptable Driving Record
- 18 years of age with 3 or more years of driving experience
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Acceptable Pre-Employment Drug Screen Results
- Acceptable Criminal Background Check Results.
Strongly qualified applicants will have:
- A valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), with P & S endorsements.
- Experience with passenger transportation and related customer service
Imagine being a part of a team where your work has the potential to make a difference in a child’s life and the lives of those who require assistance!
If you can imagine it, you can do it! Verona Area School District and Badger Bus are partnering to recruit people like you who are interested in driving the future!
Everyone on our team has the potential for a meaningful impact on the lives of the children and customer engagement. We’re looking for drivers for our school bus transportation departments based in Madison and Verona. Our drivers provide quality, safe, secure transportation for student passengers to and from schools and school-related activities.
A part-time driver can expect:
- 20-24 hours per week - or more
- Four routes daily on weekdays (about 4 hours +/-) each day during school sessions.
- Optional additional work opportunities and compensation:
- Fields Trips
- After-school activities
- Mid-day routes
- Working hours (shifts) are typically between the hours of 6:30 AM and 8:30 AM and then again between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM
- Split Shifts will apply (a double route in the morning and a double route in the afternoon)
- Additional driving work may be offered during the day.
- Some opportunities for evenings and weekends work may be available for extra income.