Verona Area Education Foundation
The Verona Area Education Foundation, Inc. is a separate entity from the Verona Area School District and exists to offer grants, supported by fundraising efforts, and engage in projects and programs for the benefit of the Verona Area School District, its staff and students. Nearly 350 grants totaling more than $110,000 have been given since the Foundation’s inception in 1992.
Grants support projects that are not included in school budgets, such as:
- Teacher innovation with classroom curriculums
- School program enhancements
The dollars raised to fund Education Foundation grants come from a variety of sources:
- Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Sale
- Amazon donates to your favorite charitable organization. Choose the Verona Area Education Foundation as a portion of your purchase price will help the foundation carry out its mission of offering extra financial support to unique and innovative classroom projects for teachers!
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Staff donations through payroll deduction
- Donations from local individuals/businesses/organizations
The Verona Area Education Foundation is currently seeking three board members to serve the needs of Verona are students. If you are interested in giving your expertise and time to provide needed support for teachers and students, please complete a Board Application form and send it to us for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!