Thank you for your interest in the Verona Area School District’s new mobile app! This new, free tool will help you stay informed about what's happening in your schools throughout the year. Below you can find a guide to downloading the app and making the most of its features.
The Verona Area School District app is available for iOS and Android devices (smartphones and tablets). It is not yet available for Windows devices and cannot be accessed by a computer.
To download the free app:
- Visit the iOS App Store or Google Play.
- Search for "Verona Area School District"
- Follow the steps indicated for download on your mobile device.
Once the app has loaded on your device, open it. You may be prompted to select which school(s) you'd like to follow. This means you will receive news and notifications from those schools. Don't worry; you can change your preferences later also. Then, you are taken to the home screen of the app. You can swipe left to see additional icons and features. It's a good idea to complete a few initial steps to customize your app experience:
- Settings: You can select your language preference in Settings. The default is English, but there are many other languages from which to choose. **Please be aware that these automated translations might contain inaccuracies. The "Settings" icon is also where you go to follow specific schools.
- Notifications: Click into this area to view and customize your notifications. By default, everyone who downloads the app will receive district notifications and will get a “push” alert when there is a new message. You can choose to receive notifications from individual schools as well; just click the "Settings" icon.
- News: This feed consolidates all news and calendar updates in one place.By default, you will receive the district’s news, Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the "Settings" icon in the upper right.
- Calendar: By default, you receive information from the district events calendar. You can customize the feeds you receive by clicking the "Settings" icon in the upper right. When you click into an individual calendar event, you will have the option to add that event to your device's calendar and add notes to the event.
- By default, you will see district-wide resources. Swipe to the left to see more resources, including:
- Community Flyers: Link to information about events taking place at schools and available from community organizations.
- Tip Line: If you or your child wish to report a tip to our security team, you can do so anonymously by submitting your tip about bullying, a personal crisis, or a number of other possibilities.
- Superintendent: Read more about Superintendent Dr. Tremayne Clardy and watch his "In The Loop with the Supe" video series.
- Directory: Here, you will find addresses, maps, websites, phone and email contacts for each school and for the district office.
- Nutrislice: You can see what is being served for lunch at your child's school each day.
- E-Funds: Submit payments for lunch, student fees and charitable donations.
- Powerschool Student Portal: Login to your account to check your child's grades, attendance and other information.
- COVID Resources: Find links to important COVID-19 information including our VASD Dashboard and mitigation strategies!
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: Go directly to the district’s social media sites to see the latest posts.
If you enjoy using the app, we encourage you to hit the Settings icon and rate and share the app with other members of the Verona Area School District family.