The public is welcome to attend any VASD Board meeting. The Board welcomes public input. Parents, staff, students and community members may comment at Board meetings or submit written comments about issues that come before the Board. Comments that threaten, intimidate, or make disparaging comments about Board Members, District staff, and other members of the public are unacceptable. The Executive Assistant to the Superintendent accepts all written comments for the Board.
COMMENT AT A BOARD MEETING
- Each agenda allows for up to 15 minutes of time devoted to public comment.
- Each speaker has a maximum time limit of 3 minutes.
- Board members may ask a speaker questions following the speaker's presentation.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT WRITTEN COMMENTS
The deadline to receive written comments is 11 a.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting unless otherwise noted. The specific deadline for each meeting is listed on the meeting agenda.
SUBMIT WRITTEN COMMENT
When submitting a written comment, please provide the following information on our Google Form:
- Your name
- Your relationship to the District
- Schools with which you are associated
- Phone number
- Email address, so the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent can confirm receipt of your comment
- Please keep comments to 250 words or less
If you are unable to use the Google Form, you may email your comments to:
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Please be aware that all information you provide to the VASD in your comments, including your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, is considered a public record and would be subject to disclosure under Wisconsin’s Open Records Law.
The VASD Board is committed to serving people with disabilities. If you need Board information in an alternative format, please email or call the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent.