The Verona Area School District currently has 900 employees serving
approximately 5,400 students at ten (10) different sites. Join a
diverse, progressive school district committed to educational
excellence. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a generous
benefits package and the opportunity to make a difference for kids.
Check out what the Verona Area School District has to offer by clicking here for our district overview!
At the Verona Area School District, we acknowledge that many of the educational systems we have put in place through the years have contributed to a lack of success for marginalized students in our district, particularly students of color. Our district is dedicated to addressing and ensuring equity in our student’s educational experience. We believe that changing these systems will improve the success of all students in our district. One key effort in this area is our movement towards personalized learning to better engage and motivate students.
Does this seem like something you want to be a part of? If so, ask yourself if you have the following qualities…
1. Flexible, Adaptable and Committed (Grit) – Are you able to operate in turbulent and ambiguous situations? Do you keep going when the going gets tough?
2. Positive Attitude and Problem Solver – Do you look for positives in every situation and focus on what you can control?
3. Growth Mindset- Do you see the positives in every child and believe that you are the biggest determinant in a child’s educational success?
4. Equity Lens – Do you reflect on your teaching practices through an equity lens?
5. Clear Beliefs About Educational Best Practice – Is your teaching practice learner centered? Relationship (vs. compliance) oriented? Do you believe relevant and rigorous curriculum engages all students? Do you believe in standards based student assessment?
If your answer is “yes”, then come grow with us! WATCH OUR TEACHER RECRUITMENT VIDEO by clicking here or learn more about our employment opportunities, compensation, benefits
and other reasons to consider the Verona Area School District by
viewing our job opportunities links.
The Verona Area School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, political affiliation, genetic information, citizenship status, military service, arrest or conviction record, the off duty use or nonuse of lawful products or any other basis prohibited by state, federal and /or laws and regulations.
School and Community-United for Excellence
An Equal Opportunity Educator/Employer - Minorities are Strongly Encouraged to Apply