How will we know every student is successful?
- Every student in VASD has a personalized learning plan that provides a path to discovery and achievement and that plan is reviewed and changed at least annually based on the student’s needs.
- Every student’s parent, guardian or advocate participates directly in the design, implementation, and outcomes of that student’s personalized learning plans.
- Every student meets or exceeds the goals of his or her personalized learning plan every school year
- Every VAHS student graduates.
- Every VAHS graduate achieves their choice of college and career path, as detailed in their personalized learning plan.
What is the timeline?
To make this happen, we need to make a shift to a learner-centered approach across the district, and that approach is all about personalized learning.
By the 2018-2019 School Year, the District will fully implement personalized learning plans for every student, grades K-12.